Sunday, April 3, 2011

FUN FUN FUN FUN

This weekend was BOMB. My roommates and I took another little trip down to Utah for a fantastic weekend!

We left around four on friday afternoon. We drove to Salt Lake to see the Lakers vs. Jazz game. It was so fun, although we had nose bleed seats. (This didn't do well for me considering I hate heights. I got a little anxious...) I got to see LAMAR ODOM. (Gorgeous man candy :)) AND the Lakers won!

Let down of the game would have to be no seeing Khloe Kardashian there. :(

nose bleeds

Chelsea, Taylor and their friends

Final score!

Terren, Brook, Me and Kate

This was just super precious.

Saturday was spent at The Gateway shopping our hearts out. Okay, so maybe I had excellent self control and only bought a sweater (because I was cold) and a shirt that was on sale at JCrew. I also bought some perfume at Victoria Secret, but I had a gift card so it was free :) That night we went back to Terren's grandma's house and had an AMAZING dinner. (Grandma food is always the best!)

Sunday morning we woke up at the crack of dawn to go to the Sunday Morning Session of GENERAL CONFERENCE! This was my first time going and I was so excited. I had the cutest outfit picked out and everything. We left for Salt Lake around 8 because we were supposed to be in our seats by 9:30 or they would be released to the people waiting on stand-by. We would have plenty of time... except for the fact that we got stuck behind a seven car pile-up on I15. BOO. 

We didn't arrive to Salt Lake until 9:45. Kate's mom drove us to the conference center so that we would make it there in time. Sadly, although we made it just in time, we no longer had our original seats. We were supposed to be on the bottom floor and were bumped up to the top tier, second to last row. To be honest, I was kind of angry. My mom had gone through so much to get me there tickets and then we aren't even able to sit where we're supposed to due to something out of our control. On a positive note, if we would have left just ten minutes earlier, we could have been in that seven car pile-up. We were definitely being looked after. 

this girl can't take a good picture to save her life. poor thing. (the cute skirt I made)

Brook and Terren imitating a boy's (who will remain nameless) picture.

Plus Kate

And throwing in a picture of me purposely acting awkward :)

After Conference, we ate lunch at Sweet Tomatoes - delish. We then drove the 3 hours home. Ethan, Terren's brother, is lucky to still be alive. We could have all killed him.

Now, I'm sitting on my computer and listening to conference talks that I missed this past weekend. I gotta catch up on my favorite weekend of the year! 

On a side note, I should hear from EFY this week. Fingers crossed that I get the job. (You cross your fingers, too!)

xoxo

stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment