Sunday, November 7, 2010

service of our fellow man

You know that awesome feeling you get when you serve someone else? It's the selfless act of love you perform for another without even questioning it.

Tonight I got to be the shoulder someone cried on. I hugged her while she sobbed. I got to listen to her sorrows and concerns. I experienced the sad look in her eyes. I watched as she would crack a smile, and then a little giggle. I was humbled by her faith in the atonement.

I got to feel just a small amount of love from our Savior that He sent through me to her. And boy, just that small amount of love was really humbling.

I am so grateful that the Lord sent me to comfort a friend. I think she did me more good then I could have ever done for her. I am thankful for the undying love that the Savior has for us. I know that His atonement can save us from pain. I know that He has experienced all that we will ever experience and will carry us when we need His strength the most.

Keep your head high, Em. I love you, and I know the Lord will bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment