Friday, November 26, 2010

gobble gobble gobble

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I guess Thanksgiving is technically come and gone, but that doesn't mean that we have to stop being thankful for all we have. I'm not going to be like everyone else and name all the things I'm thankful for. Let's face it, we're all thankful for our family and friends.

But, I realized today that this is the last Thanksgiving I have to have without Ryan. The holiday's without him are quickly passing by. Last year, I would have dreaded having another Thanksgiving to experience without him. Now that it's come and gone, I realize how quickly this year has flown by! I only have one Christmas, one New Years, one Valentines Day, and one birthday until my boy is home! YAY, YAY, YAY!

Can you tell I'm excited? ;)

So today, I am thankful for the Lord blessing me with the strength to overcome the obstacles that have been placed in my way. From Ryan leaving, to my OCD, He has been beside me every step of the way. I cannot say that my faith hasn't wavered, or that I have not doubted what I am doing. But, what I can say is that I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and has helped me handle these trials. I know that He has never given me anything that I cannot handle (or obviously I wouldn't be here), and that He will continue to place obstacles in my way that I can overcome. I can look back at all that I have experienced and know that I've done it before and can do it again.

So, Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for always being by my side. Thank you for blessing me with a boy in my life that has, and always will stick right by my side. Through thick and thin, and throughout all eternity. I will never be able to express my gratitude.

Thanksgiving Break last year in San Diego with my roommate/best friend, Kiersten Oberhansley. 

1 comment:

  1. awwwww That's sweet Maria....I like this post!
    -Emily G.

    ReplyDelete