Sunday, October 2, 2011

181st semi-annual

This past weekend, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints held is semi-annual General Conference. This is one of two weekends a year where we listen to the words of our prophets that is broad cast from Salt Lake City.

This weekend is truly my favorite of every year. I love getting to hear the uplifting messages from our Heavenly Father that are sent through his servants. I always leave this weekend with a new found sense of my purpose here on earth. I feel peace in my life and joy as I look toward the future. I can feel my Savior's love for me as I hear the words spoken.

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church. I know that it has been restored here on the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of the Lord here on this earth today. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me better then I know myself. I know that He wants what is best for me and will bless me with things in His own time. I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ suffered for my sins so that I may be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father eternally. I know that the trials I face are for my good. I know that we have been blessed with temples on the earth so that we can make sacred covenants with our Father in Heaven. I am so thankful for all the many things my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I will never be able to repay Him for all his love and grace.

"Just remember to always look up."

No comments:

Post a Comment