Thursday, July 28, 2011

oh the laughs


Okay, so maybe that's not the best picture. We're basically turning my room into the guest room, so I am packing up my stuff. It's so funny the things that you come across when you're stuffing your life into boxes.

I mean, you should see all the things I saved from high school. Some are actually good things to save - yearbooks, decorations from homecoming week from senior year. And then there are the notes... oh boy, the notes! Some from friends, most from old "boyfriends" from middle school. You know, the ones that you didn't ever dare hold hands and maybe talked to on the phone once because you were too shy to even speak to each other. I mean, TECHNICALLY I'm still "going out" with a guy from 6th grade. 

You see, I wrote him a note one day. I asked him out and had a friend give it to him. He said yes. We never spoke after that for about a year. We never broke up, so I guess I've been cheating on him all these years... haha. 

Anyway, I think I'll miss my old room. Actually probably not, because my mom changed my room during my second year of college. It's not the same room from high school. I'm not the same person from high school. I'm ready to grow up. I'm ready to get married, and start a family. I'm ready to put on my big girl panties and move on. 

So, my beloved room, parts of you will be missed. I'll miss my pictures most. I won't miss you, mattress. You have indentions from my body that do not secure a good nights sleep. So rest in peace where ever you end up. Maybe you could provide a homeless person a nice resting place.

No comments:

Post a Comment