Monday, July 11, 2011

i whip my hair back and forth

Today I was in the shower and as I was washing my hair, I was thinking about how I get the most compliments about my hair. Which is funny, because just tonight I got two compliments on my hair within an hour of each other. One at an airport and one at 7-11!

When I was in high school, I hated my hair. I thought it was so hard to manage, and took so much time. But now that I've grown older, I've become so thankful for it. So, I think I'll let you kiddos in on my little secrets :)

1. First off, I put A LOT of hard work into my hair. Some people put work into their makeup, or their outfits. I spend the most time on my hair everyday.

2. PRODUCT PRODUCT PRODUCT! I only use professional serums, shampoos and conditioners. I have noticed a HUGE difference in my hair when I don't. I use four different products in my hair. That includes washing, conditioning and styling. I SWEAR by L'oreals professional line. I use their conditioner and shampoo, and I also use two different products of theirs before I blow dry.

3. Professional styling tools make a difference. I swear by my Paul Mitchell straightener. I've used friend's straighteners and they just don't seem to get my hair as smooth and silky. They're also less likely to cause breakage and damage to your hair. It's pricey, but it'll last longer and make all the difference!

4. Don't use the hottest setting on your blow dryer. I use the middle temperature at the highest speed. It dries my hair in about ten minutes, which is a feat in itself. I have a lot of thick hair!

5. I only brush my hair when it's wet. THAT'S IT! Brushes tangle my hair, and spread the oils more quickly. I finger comb my hair through out the day and it works just fine. 

6. Washing your hair every day isn't necessary. Those oils in your hair are essential! They keep your hair healthy and shiny. I can usually go two days without washing my hair. That's me though! If your hair starts looking greasy, WASH IT. There is a difference between looking greasy and looking shiny.

7.  If your hair absorbs smells like mine, spritz a little body splash in it. Skip the perfume, it can be kinda harsh. 

8. GET A TRIM! Your hair only looks as good as your ends. If they're split, it won't look healthy. I go about every two months, as long as I can afford it :P

9. If you can afford it, have it professionally dyed. One, a stylist knows what would look best on you. Two, their products last longer. If may be expensive, but you're probably paying the same amount in those boxes sets every two months. 

Anyway, those are my secrets. I'm definitely not a professional in the hair field, but I've always gone to really good stylist. They've taught me what I know and I stick to their advice. And by following it, I get compliments on my hair. I mean, who doesn't love a compliment every once in a while?


No comments:

Post a Comment