Wednesday, May 26, 2010

one year older - and wiser too

Woah! I am now officially twenty! Where did the years go by?! I remember when I turned ten and couldn't wait until I could drive.



Now I'm twenty. In a year, I can buy alcohol (not that that matters). I have two years of college under my belt, and in the fall I'll be a junior! My junior year of high school, I got my license! It's funny how time flies. If I would have known time would move so quickly, I would have been more outgoing. Before I know it, I'll be a mom (which I can't wait for, by the way).

Anyway, I got some interesting gifts. To start off, my big gift was a longboard. I tried longboarding this past Thanksgiving in California. I loved it, and wasn't as fearful as I first thought I'd be. I love it. It's the cutest Sector 9 longboard! A gorgeous ocean scene on the top and bottom. Oh, how I love it. At my party last night (which was with the missionaries), I got a piggy bank, three $20.00 gift cards to Target, and yellow cooking supplies!



Now, the piggy bank. My mom said it was for all the change laying around my room. That doesn't make sense to me considering I don't ever carry cash. I only use my debt, which has seemed to get me into trouble, but I still don't understand the piggy bank. The gift cards were sent from above! I LOVE Target! It is, by far, my favorite store in the world! It way better then Walmart, for all you Walmart lovers. And the cooking supplies are awesome! I love buying anything kitchen related. It's funny how, the older you grow, the more you long for practical gifts!



And lastly, the cake. My grandmothers FAMOUS strawberry cake! Okay, maybe it's not famous, but it sure is in my family! Hunter and I LOVE it! Hunter was lame, so he blew out his candles the second they were lit. I, on the other hand, am a birthday junkie and waited for the song. I then made a wish, that of which I'll keep a secret, but I didn't mange to blow out my candles in one breath. I hope that doesn't hinder my wish! Anyway, I had a wonderful birthday. Thanks to all those that made it great!

No comments:

Post a Comment