Tuesday, June 21, 2011

what a slap in the face

We're all faced with hard things in life. We're all faced with trials that we could have never comprehended we would endure, but our outlook on our trials is what makes us strong. Our faith in our Heavenly Father to carry us when we can't walk ourselves is what makes us stronger. 

I just read a blog. She's not a friend of mine, but she is the sister of a girl I knew many years ago at EFY. She has recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Within the past year she has also been diagnosed with Endometriosis which has caused her to have surgery on her ovaries. This also means that she will most likely have to endure another surgery to have a hysterectomy within the next few years. Did I mention that she now has to go on chemotherapy for her RA? Oh wait, I forgot to tell you.. she's 23. Yes, 23. Two years older then myself.

I thought I've had trials that are difficult, but compared to hers mine are just bumps in the road. I cannot even imagine the things she's faced in such a short life. But, her outlook and faith in our Heavenly Father is incredible. 

I aspire to have the faith and love that she has. I know that she has moments of breaking down, for she is only human. I know that this will not lessen the difficulties that I will/have face(d) with my trials, but when I feel like I just want to give up, I can think back to her. I can recall her strength and positivity. She is truly a daughter of our Heavenly Father. A very special daughter. 

So, I ask that you will pray for her. I won't leave her name for her privacy, but He'll know who you are referring to.  You'll be blessed for your act of service, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment