Tuesday, August 24, 2010

keep on trudgin'

I received the best advice from my mom tonight.

Just live life.

Such a simple statement, but a statement that made a lasting impact. I'm always so concerned with trying to plan my life so that it goes the way I want it to go. I'm scared of letting things fall into place. No, this does not free me from my anxiety and fear of the unknown. I wish it did, but I know myself all to well.

But starting today, I'm going to try to let things go. Planning ahead of time does nothing for me but cause stress and pressure. And why put that on myself? I have a year to let things fall into place. If they fall into place the way I hope they do, then that would be the best possible situation. If they don't, I know the Lord has a better plan for me.

As much as I sometimes hate to admit it, the Lord knows me better then I know myself. Hard to imagine, but true. So, I'm letting my Heavenly Father take the wheel. I'm going to stay on the strait and narrow, do what I'm supposed to, and know that as long as I'm doing my best, the best is yet to come.

The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment